domingo, 18 de julho de 2010

Trabalhando cidadania nas aulas de inglês

Making a difference
I remember something that happened during my vacation in Ceará, in the northeast of Brazil. The sun was rising and I was walking along one of those lovely deserted beaches.
While I was walking in the beach, I began to see a man in the distance. As I came nearer, I noticed that the man was bending down, picking something up and throwing things out into the ocean. As I came even closer, I saw that he was a fisherman. He was picking up starfish that had been on the beach and, one at a time, he was throwing them back into the water.
I was curious. I approached the fisherman and said, “Good morning, friend. I was wondering what you are doing.”
“I’m throwing these starfish back into the ocean. You see, it’s low tide right now and all of these starfish are here in the sand. If I don’t throw them back into the water, they’ll die here from lack of oxygen.”
“I understand,” I said, “but there are thousand of starfish on this beach. You can’t possibly get to all of them. There are simply too many. And don’t you realize that at this time is probably happening on hundreds of beaches all up and down this coast? Can’t you see that you can’t possible making a difference?”
The man smiled, bent down one more time and picked up another starfish. He threw it back into the sea and answered, “I made a difference to that one!”
(adapted from “One at a time”, jack Canfield and Mark V. Hansen, in chicken soup for for the soul, health communication. Inc. Deerfield Beach Florida 1993) (unidade 11 pg121 do livro Inglês - série brasil - Amadeu Marques

Após lerem o texto, os alunos da Escola Paulo de Assis Ribeiro, comprovaram que realmente podem fazer a diferença. Através da fotos percebe-se no semblante de cada um, a satistação ao dar sua parcela de contribuição ao meio ambiente e as pessoas menos favorecidas.

 Recadinho para todos os alunos do 3º Ano
Estou muito orgulhosa em fazer parte da história de vida de vocês
Um grande abraço
Profª. Ilmara

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário